Learning pandas – Second Edition
by Michael Heydt
English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787123138 | 435 Pages | True PDF | 63 MB
You will learn how to use pandas to perform data analysis in Python. You will start with an overview of data analysis and iteratively progress from modeling data, to accessing data from remote sources, performing numeric and statistical analysis, through indexing and performing aggregate analysis, and finally to visualizing statistical data and applying pandas to finance.
With the knowledge you gain from this book, you will quickly learn pandas and how it can empower you in the exciting world of data manipulation, analysis and science.
What you will learn:
– Understand how data analysts and scientists think about of the processes of gathering and understanding data
– Learn how pandas can be used to support the end-to-end process of data analysis
– Use pandas Series and DataFrame objects to represent single and multivariate data
– Slicing and dicing data with pandas, as well as combining, grouping, and aggregating data from multiple sources
– How to access data from external sources such as files, databases, and web services
– Represent and manipulate time-series data and the many of the intricacies involved with this type of data
– How to visualize statistical information
– How to use pandas to solve several common data representation and analysis problems within finance
36 total views, 1 views today