Wolfram Research, one of the world’s most respected computer, web, and cloud software companies—as well as a powerhouse of scientific and technical innovation, has released the 11.0.1 version of Mathematica. This upgrade rapidly continues to build out areas first introduced in Version 10, while further refining already best-in-class capabilities.
Widely admired for both its technical prowess and elegant ease of use, Mathematica provides a single integrated, continually expanding system that covers the breadth and depth of technical computing—and with Mathematica Online, it is now seamlessly available in the cloud through any web browser, as well as natively on all modern desktop systems.
Mathematica 11 introduces functionality for major new areas, including 3D printing, audio processing, machine learning, and neural networks—plus many other new improvements, all built on the underlying Wolfram Language.
– Over 500 new functions significantly broaden scope in new and existing areas
– Algorithmically generate, import, and directly print 3D models to local or cloud 3D printers
– New computational audio synthesis, processing, and analysis for applications in music and speech
– New neural network framework gives access to GPU-accelerated deep learning
– Expanded and enhanced machine learning functionality, including feature extraction and Bayesian optimization
– Numerous extensions and improvements to the Wolfram Cloud and web operations and data storage
– Vast new array of visualizations, from statistical to geographic to anatomical, and improved presentation options
– Performance and feature enhancements to already industry-leading symbolics, numerics, and geometry
– Expanded geographics, including new geo data entities, map backgrounds, projections, and more
– New computational photography, plus more tools for image and signal processing
– New and improved support for random matrices, time series, and quantities in probability and statistics
– Experimental Wolfram channel framework for asynchronous communications between cloud, desktop, and embedded systems
– Execute Wolfram Language code from anywhere—locally or in the cloud—with new WolframScript command-line interpreter
– Richer functional programming constructs thanks to list- and array-processing enhancements
– More powerful text and language processing, and increased multilingual support
– Real-time spellchecker augmented with dictionaries for technical terms, proper names, and support for some 25 languages
– Improved code appearance, autocompletion, and error messages help increase user productivity
– Faster, more flexible access to the growing Wolfram Knowledgebase, including support for arbitrary datasets
– And more
About Wolfram Research
Founded by Stephen Wolfram in 1987, Wolfram Research is one of the world’s most respected computer, web, and cloud software companies—as well as a powerhouse of scientific and technical innovation. As pioneers in computation and computational knowledge, we have pursued a long-term vision to develop the science, technology, and tools to make computation an ever-more-potent force in today’s and tomorrow’s world.
Over the course of more than a quarter of a century, we have progressively built an unprecedented base of technology that now makes possible our broad portfolio of innovative products. At the center is the revolutionary Wolfram Language, which defines a unique convergence of computation and knowledge.
760 total views, 1 views today